Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

A Hope Divided (The Loyal League)
Alyssa Cole
Progress: 26 %
The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg
Sharon Kay Penman
Progress: 55 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Library Haul

Half Broke Horses - Jeannette Walls Espresso Shot - Cleo Coyle The Various Haunts of Men - Susan Hill Let There Be Blood (A Lord Ambrose Historical Mystery) - Jane Jakeman

I do love Thursdays.

Thursday the library is open till 9 p.m. so I always stop in on my way home from work.  I get a smile on my face at about 4:55 p.m. knowing in 5 minutes I will be on my way.

I picked up Half Broke Horses at the sale shelf for a quarter. It sounds interesting and it's non-fiction which will help me with the non-fiction challenge I've set for myself.

Espresso Shot is a book in the coffeehouse mystery series. I love this series. Aside from a less than stellar third (?) book, I've enjoyed all of them. It's the first hardback coffeehouse mystery - I wonder what makes cozy mysteries go hardcover all of a sudden? Success?  I'll have to look that up.

Let there be Blood is the first in a historical mystery series. I don't know about this one. I'll give it 50 pages.

The Various Haunts of Men is a favorite from the English mystery board on GR. I've gotten great suggestions from that board. So glad I'm expanding my horizons. I started the book in the library and got sucked in till I realized I needed to get home and eat dinner.

A great library visit!