Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

A Hope Divided (The Loyal League)
Alyssa Cole
Progress: 26 %
The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg
Progress: 55 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Half- Broke Horses

Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel - Jeannette Walls

I enjoyed everything about this book. I loved the way it was written. I enjoyed the story, and really getting a picture of who Lily Casey Smith was. I did not agree with everything she did, but I respected most of her choices and understood where she was coming from.

I loved how the story carried you from her childhood on the ranch, to her schooling, to her love of teaching, to her lessons about love,  to how her family survived the Depression. You also get to see how everything started with her daughter Rosemary who is featured in the memoir The Glass Castle. After being introduced to her and her husband Rex,I have no desire to read about either of them.  So I will not be reading it.

I look forward to sharing this book with friends without worrying will they like it or be offended, only a few books fall into that category. I have a young friend, about 17,  who is a reader and I will be passing the book on to her tomorrow. Just a solid inspiring story.