Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Blue Castle
L.M. Montgomery
Progress: 68 %
David Copperfield (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Charles Dickens, Radhika Jones
Progress: 32 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Firefight

Firefight - Brandon Sanderson

This was a great follow-up to Steelheart.

David, Prof and the Reckoners set out to destroy the epics before they destroy the rest of the world. Again love the concept that superpowers corrupt and make people evil. A reverse superhero story. It's different and Sanderson pulls it off.

Lot of twists in this one.  Questions are answered, but they lead to more questions. Talking about the plot spoils the book so I'm not going to do that. This book starts off with action and has about twenty pages of downtime before the plot moves at breakneck speed. This book was 400 pages and felt shorter to me. I hated that it ended. Especially with so many unanswered questions.

I alternated with the audio for this book which is why it took longer for me to read it. The audio was great. Mcleoud Andrews does a great job of bringing the characters and the narrative to life.

What else?   Let's see. I loved the horrible metaphors/similes! Every time David broke one out I was in my car going, "No, no, noooooooo." But I began to look forward to them. There has to be a talent in coming up with so many ludicrous ones. There was one in particular, during a fight sequence and that make me go "what the WHAT?" Loved it! If you have no clue what I'm referencing, please read the book.

This is a solid series.  Spring 2016 can't come soon enough!