Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

A Hope Divided (The Loyal League)
Alyssa Cole
Progress: 26 %
The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg
The Sunne in Splendour
Sharon Kay Penman
Progress: 55 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Reading progress update: I've read 3%.

Heir to the Jedi: Star Wars - Kevin Hearne

One thing about me - I grew up obsessed with Star Wars. I would read all three novelizations at least once a year and I watched the movies incessantly. I read Splinter of the Mind's Eye, the precursor for the later expanded universe, but hated it.

When the books came out, beginning with Heir to the Empire, I was hesitant to read them. They weren't canon to me. But eventually I caved. Some of them were very good. One in particular, Traitor - was excellent.  Other books- not so much. I read them regularly until shortly after Revenge of the Sith.

When Disney announced they would be releasing canon novels to tie in with the upcoming movies,  I knew I had to get back on the wagon. And l admit, the idea of easter eggs for the movies being in the novels is fun to me.

Scribd has audiobooks for 3 of the 4 canon novels released so far. If you've never listened to Star Wars audiobooks and love the series, I recommend it. They come complete with sound effects and John William's famous soundtrack playing in the background, making it more like a radio play. It's highly entertaining.

The narrator for this book sounds uncannily like Mark Hamill/Luke Skywalker. A plus!

Happy reading!