Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Big Chili
Julia Buckley
Progress: 34 %
Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Last Jedi)
Claudia Gray
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Path of Destruction - Drew Karpyshyn
"Always two there are..." - Yoda

I'm officially a fan of Drew Karpyshyn. This is the third book of his I have read and he has been consistent in his quality of Star Wars novels.

Path of Destruction is the best SW novel I have read by him so far and I think it equal to or maybe better than my favorite Star Wars novel Traitor.  I'll have to mull that over before I make a final decision.

This is the first book in a trilogy centered around Darth Bane. According to the Legends timeline, he is the one that institutes the Rule of Two.  Basically there are always only two Sith - one Master and an apprentice. This is due to the fact that Sith are so evil and treacherous they waste too much time trying to kill each other for power and thereby make themselves easy targets. By implementing the Rule of Two, rather than infighting, they can then focus on overthrowing the Jedi and ruling the galaxy. This first book follows how Darth Bane goes from disillusioned man to Sith, then recognizes the Sith's weakness and finally goes about solving it. I was wary of this book due to the fact you'd be spending so much time in the mind of a Darth- I figured  it might be too dark for me. I like my SW on the lighter side. But this book steps you through his fall so well you're able to understand while not condoning his choices. It's a fine balance to maintain and Karpyshyn does it well.

I've moved on to the second book in the series .