Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Blue Castle
L.M. Montgomery
Progress: 68 %
David Copperfield (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Charles Dickens, Radhika Jones
Progress: 32 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend - Katarina Bivald

Author: Katarina Bivald

Rating: 4.0 Stars

I received this book free from NetGalley with the hope that I would review it. The opinion  is purely my own.

Book Blurb: This is a book about books. All sorts of books, from Little Women and Harry Potter to Jodi Picoult and Jane Austen, from to Stieg Larsson to Joyce Carol Oates to Proust. It’s about the joy and pleasure of books, about learning from and escaping into them, and possibly even hiding behind them. It’s about whether or not books are better than real life.

It’s also a book about a Swedish girl called Sara, her elderly American penfriend Amy and what happens when you land a very different kind of bookshop in the middle of a town so broken it’s almost beyond repair...

This was an evenly paced, cozy read. I enjoyed the small town feel and the writing completely transported me every time I picked up the book.

I enjoyed getting to know Sara and all the inhabitants of Broken Wheel. The characters were endearing, even the flawed ones. Most I just wanted to give a hug.  Sara, a bibliophile, had a running commentary on a lot of popular novels and classics. I enjoyed her musings.

The plot was somewhat predictable, but not necessarily in a bad way. The romance had a slow build to it that I enjoyed.

Overall, this is a book to read when you want to feel better about the world, about everything around you. I enjoyed Ms. Bivald's style and would read another one of her books.

I would definitely recommend this book.