Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Big Chili
Julia Buckley
Progress: 34 %
Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Last Jedi)
Claudia Gray
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Queen of Tomorrow

Queen of Tomorrow - Sherry D. Ficklin
Author: Sherry D. Ficklin
Series:  Stolen Empire #2
Rating:  3.5 stars

I received this book free from NetGalley with the hope that I would review it. The opinion is purely my own.

Book Synopsis: YA continuation of the story of Catherine the Great.  This book begins right after her wedding to Peter III.

Bad cover aside, this was surprisingly good. Definitely a step up from the first book in the series.

This was a quick read and unexpectedly suspenseful. Ms. Ficklin only holds to the outline of history and plays around with the facts enough to keep you guessing as to how it will all play out. Her Catherine is still ruthless in a way, but understandably so after all Empress Elizabeth and Catherine's husband Peter have done to her.

The political intrigue takes center stage in this one and the romance falls, not disappointingly,  into the background. The book never dragged and was difficult to put down once it got going.

It ends on a cliff hanger, one - again - you will see coming if you know the history.

I'll admit, when I finished Queen of Someday , I wasn't sure I would read past this book - now I want to see how it ends.

An entertaining read.