Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Louise Penny
Progress: 57/405 pages
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

August Reading Goals

The Time in Between - María Dueñas A Curious Beginning - Deanna Raybourn No Comfort for the Lost: A Mystery of Old San Francisco - Nancy Herriman A Gilded Grave (NEWPORT GILDED AGE) - Shelley Freydont Dragonquest - Anne McCaffrey The Warrior's Apprentice - Lois McMaster Bujold The Winter Crown - Elizabeth Chadwick

I read aimlessly this past month.

While I read some good books, I didn't enjoy it as much as when I stuck to my lists the previous months. I find I am too indecisive and waste too much reading time trying to decide what to read. Reading time is precious so I need to stop that nonsense.

In light of this, here's my list. These are some of the books I'm excited about and want to read in August.

I have some Netgalley ones I will be reading - one of the ones I am excited about and was just recently approved for was A Curious Beginning by Deanna RaybournI think I will start that one this weekend.

No Comfort for the Lost and A Gilded Grave are new historical mysteries I want to check out.

I've already started and have The Time in Between on deck. It's a long one but pulls you in.

My other commitment this month is to stick with and work my way through some series I am loving lately. I hate losing track of, forgetting about, or letting too much time go in between series I enjoy. So over the next couple of months I will concentrate on a few that I consistently enjoy or have promise:

The Vorkosigan Series - Lois McMaster Bujold

DragonRiders of Pern   - Anne Mccaffrey

Sebastian St. Cyr Mysteries  - C.S. Harris

James and Kincaid  - Deborah Crombie

I'm hoping this post will help me commit.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts/goals for August!

Happy reading!