Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Louise Penny
Progress: 57/405 pages
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

August Recap!

A Curious Beginning - Deanna Raybourn Barrayar (Vorkosigan Saga, #7) - Lois McMaster Bujold A Regimental Murder  - Ashley Gardner The Glass House  - Ashley Gardner The Whites - Harry Brandt Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb The Sudbury School Murders - Ashley Gardner
— feeling happy

I read 13 books in August.  That's a pretty slow month for me, but I have two friends getting married so that's eating away at my reading time...

I did, however, read some great books this month!

A Curious Beginning, The WhitesBarrayar and Assassin's Apprentice were all rave worthy and I recommend all of them. They were the stars of my month.

I also continued in my read of a great mystery series -  The Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries. I love this series. I read three books from the series this month. Here's the first book.

I  learned I am not a fan of the Sebatien St. Cyr mysteries. I read 3.5 of them and have no desire to read any further.

I did not like Rain Girl - depressing and disturbing.

I had quite a few DNFs -

I could not get into Paris He Said, Bull Mountain, or Avelynn to name a few.  A Crown of Thorns and Roses was my most disappointing one as I really wanted to like it.

I will say that I don't mind the DNFs as I spent more time with books I actually liked and didn't have to trudge through. I feel more satisfied with my reading this month because of not being afraid to put a book aside.

I believe in the power of the DNF.