Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Blue Castle
L.M. Montgomery
Progress: 68 %
David Copperfield (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Charles Dickens, Radhika Jones
Progress: 32 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Smuggler's Run

— feeling big smile
Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo Adventure (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Force Awakens) - Greg Rucka, Phil Noto

Author: Greg Rucka

Rating: 5 stars

By far, the best of the Journey to the Force Awakens books released on the 4th. No contest.

This book was fun. The dialogue was spot on. It captured the heart of Star Wars.

This book was also an ode to the Millennium Falcon, reflecting why we all love that "bucket of bolts" and how it has earned its reputation.

In short, Smuggler's Run tells the story of a mission Leia asks Han to undertake right after A New Hope. The banter between Han and Leia is some of the best I've seen. I laughed and smiled when they were on the page. Well done.

Han's witty dialogue, his relationship with Chewie, that feeling of fun you have as you watch Han get himself into and out of situations - Greg Rucka nailed it.

Please allow this man to write another Star Wars book - one aimed at an older audience.  Or he can do another middle grade - I'll read it either way.

The hints about  the new movie? I really don't know what the connections are. I'm sure some of the characters will appear in the movie, Han implies it in the epilogue. It doesn't matter. This is good Star Wars storytelling. I don't need hints- that's all I was really looking for.

Definitely recommend. If you like Star Wars you will enjoy this.

This was a great way to end my reviews of the new books.