Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Illuminae

Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Author: Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Rating: 3 stars

Book Blurb: This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do. This afternoon, her planet was invaded.
      The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than a speck at the edge of the universe. Now with enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to evacuate with a hostile warship in hot pursuit.
     But their problems are just getting started. A plague has broken out and is mutating with terrifying results; the fleet’s AI may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a web of data to find the truth, it’s clear the only person who can help her is the ex-boyfriend she swore she’d never speak to again.
      Told through a fascinating dossier of hacked documents—including emails, maps, files, IMs, medical reports, interviews, and more—Illuminae is the first book in a heart-stopping trilogy about lives interrupted, the price of truth, and the courage of everyday heroes.

This glorified epistolary novel was a solid read but...I couldn't help but feel I should have liked it more than I did. Reading the different files was cool. And the two authors was a nice touch. Being you alternated points of view, it was cool to hear two so distinct voices.

The story was good, solid sci-fi YA. I won't elaborate so as not to spoil. Knowing little about where the story was taking me was part of the fun.  I liked the characters, I liked the story. So in the end, I do recommend it.