Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg

Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon

Author: Nicola Yoon

Rating: 2.5 stars

Book Blurb: My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster

This book annoys me days after I've finished it.

I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it. But the twist at the end killed whatever good review it had coming from me. It was almost like the author got stuck on the resolution and went with, "I'm gonna go with Oooops!" I hope that doesn't spoil it, but if you read the book you'll know what I mean.

The story wasn't bad before the end. I found the main character Madeline endearing. Her inner stuggles dealing with her sickness and balancing her relationship with Olly,  were what held the book together and made it so interesting... which is why I found the twist so facepalm-worthy.

No I don't recommend this book.

Still annoyed.