Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Louise Penny
Progress: 57/405 pages
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

2016 Reading Goals...

I went back and forth on whether or not I would make reading goals for next year.

But ya'll my squad, so I guess I should follow suit and post some of the goals I've been thinking about.

I found a reading routine that is comfortable for me. I like reading in print (unless it's Netgalley) and I read more than one book at a time so I don't lose interest when a story slows down for a bit.  That's been working for me so I'm going to stick with it for 2016. I also followed a booktuber's suggestion of setting daily chapter goals for each book. I have really been liking this method.

I'm also going to unabashedly DNF anything that doesn't float my boat after 50-100 pages. I did this last year and it was great.  I reserve the right to pick it back up of course if the DNF was just mood-related.

For 2016:

1) I need to read more non-fiction. I want to read at least one non-fiction book a month. I tried and failed to do that last year- though I did read some non-fiction.

2) Branch out into different genres.  I enjoyed reading more science fiction last year- I will definitely be doing that again, especially since I have a lot in my TBR. :)

3)Stick to my reading schedule. I like the feeling of accomplishment when I do.  So I'm going to stick to my reading routine better this year.

4) Less TV, more books. Not that I won't Netflix Binge House or Pretty Little Liars or Friends - I just feel better after I read more rather than watch TV. So I'm going to try this out. I think I want to do at least one readathon this year... I heard there are some on January...

I don't really have more than that.  Things have been going pretty good reading wise, so I'm sticking with what works.

I enjoyed reading everyone's recaps and goals! Looking forward to your reviews, thoughts and musings in 2016. :)