Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Fran Wilde
Progress: 2 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Library Hall!!

13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi - Mitchell Zuckoff, Mitchell Zuckoff The Story of Land and Sea: A Novel - Katy Simpson Smith A Spool of Blue Thread: A novel - Anne Tyler Ross Poldark - Winston Graham The Secret Place - Tana French The Invention of Wings: A Novel - Sue Monk Kidd Boy Proof - Cecil Castellucci

I went in to pick up two books I had on hold and walked out with a backpack full of books. They had some good books on the Friends of the Library shelf that begged me to be bought so what was I supposed to do?

And yes, I brought an empty backpack with me. But that was just in case.

I believe in being prepared.

I'm excited about all of these. A couple -  The Story of Land and Sea and A Spool of Blue Thread -  I've gotten before but was unable to read them. Now I own the latter so at least I can take my time with that one.

Let's see -  I got Tana French's book because she is on Flavorewire's 50 great female authors under 50 list.  I am using this list to help me pick out books this year. Some of the books look great. I requested a couple from interlibrary loan.

Boyproof is on John Green's list of 18 great books you probably haven't read, so I got it on a whim after giving it a once over.

Poldark was pure hot-guy-with-smoldering-look-was-staring-at-me-from-across-the-room syndrome. What can I say? Oh yeah Reflection's awesome review of it had something to do with it too. :)

Well, I'm off to continue reading for the #TBRtakedown read-a-thon. I guess I really need to read now that I just added to my TBR...

Doesn't getting more books defeat the purpose of the read-a-thon you ask?

No. No it does not.