Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg
Sharon Kay Penman
Progress: 55 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

TBR Takedown Day One

Written in Fire (The Brilliance Trilogy) - Marcus Sakey Old Man's War - John Scalzi Nefertiti - Michelle Moran The Ice Princess - Camilla Läckberg, Steven T. Murray Out of Sorts - Aurélie Valognes, Wendeline A Hardenberg

Total Pages Read Today: 233 pages

That page count is a tad low but work stuff came up. Same stuff will also eat up part of my day tommorow. My job is stressful right now. But my no TV commitment  for the week should help numbers improve.

Read parts of five books for my challenges.  I can't read one book straight through unless it's  exceptionally riveting. I DNF'd Out of Sorts  cuz it had a dog death, an attempted suicide and just nastiness in the first 29 pages. Too much of a downer for me. Swapped it out with Written in Fire cuz I was just approved  on Netgalley over the weekend.  Being I just got it, it meets  "latest haul" challenge.  It also meets the "cover of fire" challenge. Wait, it's also a sequel finishing the Brilliance Trilogy- sooo I can also use it for the "sequel" challenge. Three challenges in one book? And it's a sequel I've been waiting for? A win if ever there was one.

BTW the first two books in Marcus Sakey's Brilliance  Trilogy were amaaaazing for Scifi/Thriller fans. Please check them out.

Running total: 233 pages.

Read book on your TBR for over a year: Nefertiti

Read book out of comfort zone: Old Man's  War

Read first book in series: The Ice Princess

Read book with a cover the color if fire: Written in Fire

Complete a series: Written in Fire