Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Book Haul

The Shadow of the Wind - Lucia Graves, Carlos Ruiz Zafón The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Lucia Graves Paris: The Novel - Edward Rutherfurd The Shell Seekers - Rosamunde Pilcher Coming Home - Rosamunde Pilcher Winter Solstice - Rosamunde Pilcher The Snow Leopard Of Shanghai - Erin Pizzey

One of my best friends and a fellow avid reader is in the hospital. My grandmother comes out (she's in a rehab center for now)  and my friend goes in. Sigh. Today my friend asked me for a book recommendation. So off to the book store I went, where I picked up Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, a flower coloring book and Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores for her.

While there,  I wandered into the used book section and picked out some books in the hope they will bring me out of my reading slump - a slump I do think is due to life's stress.

I'm so glad I got the Pilcher books, you really lose yourself in them. I want to read all of them at once.

I read The Shadow of the Wind yeeeeaars ago and all I remember is that it was beautiful and I loved it. Impulsively,  I also grabbed the sequel.

Been eyeing Paris for quite some time.

For now, I'm reading Coming Home because it's the first book a in bit I don't pick up, sigh and just put down.

Happy reading!