Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Sunne in Splendour
Sharon Kay Penman
Progress: 52/936 pages
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

January 2017 Wrap - Up!

Darktown: A Novel - Thomas Mullen Defending Jacob - William Landay Killing Floor  - Lee Child

So this past month was a good reading month. I read from a TBR so as to not waste time looking for my next read and donated three bags of books to betterworldsbooks.

I read ten books in total. I DNF'd quite  a few- returning them to the library or donating them. It felt good to move things along reading wise.

My top three books are:

Killing Floor by Lee Child. This was an entertaining thriller. Though more violent than expected. I can't read this series one after the other because of that.

Defending Jacob by William Landay - This was my surprise good read. This had been sitting on my shelf for a long while. I finally made myself pick it up. It was a solid read that I could not put down. Great commentary on nature vs. nurture when it comes to crime.

Darktown by Thomas Mullen. This book was the star of the month. What an excellent thriller/mystery/police procedural! Strong writing make this series a must read for me.

My least  favorite read by far was Medici's Daughter by Sophie Perinot. Not my cup of tea and found it depressing.

Happy reading!