Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Blue Castle
L.M. Montgomery
Progress: 68 %
David Copperfield (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Charles Dickens, Radhika Jones
Progress: 32 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

My Not So Perfect Life

My Not So Perfect Life - Sophie Kinsella

Author: Sophie Kinsella

Rating: 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. The opinion that it's a 5 star read is purely my own.

Book Blurb:

Everywhere Katie Brenner looks, someone else is living the life she longs for, particularly her boss, Demeter Farlowe. Demeter is brilliant and creative, lives with her perfect family in a posh townhouse, and wears the coolest clothes. Katie’s life, meanwhile, is a daily struggle—from her dismal rental to her oddball flatmates to the tense office politics she’s trying to negotiate. No wonder Katie takes refuge in not-quite-true Instagram posts, especially as she's desperate to make her dad proud.

Then, just as she’s finding her feet—not to mention a possible new romance—the worst happens. Demeter fires Katie. Shattered but determined to stay positive, Katie retreats to her family’s farm in Somerset to help them set up a vacation business. London has never seemed so far away—until Demeter unexpectedly turns up as a guest. Secrets are spilled and relationships rejiggered, and as the stakes for Katie’s future get higher, she must question her own assumptions about what makes for a truly meaningful life.

I loved this book!

I thought I was reading a story about a girl handling her first job and her evil boss but this story was not what it seemed. What a pleasant surprise! It had great messages about putting yourself in others shoes, not judging, revenge.

Katie was a great character, she made decisions I at times didn't agree with but she was so likable and human. She grew so much throughout the course of the story. Kinsella was successful at making me feel like I grew right along with her. Trying not to spoil, but in my opinion, this book was more about female friendships and how we treat each other in the workplace than a romance. Not that it had no romance. Just it was definitely on the back burner.

This was a feel good book, one I will definitely read again in the future. Highly recommend.