Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

A Hope Divided (The Loyal League)
Alyssa Cole
Progress: 26 %
The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

The Blue Castle

The Blue Castle - L.M. Montgomery

Rating: 5 stars

Book Blurb: Valancy lives a drab life with her overbearing mother and prying aunt. Then a shocking diagnosis from Dr. Trent prompts her to make a fresh start. For the first time, she does and says exactly what she feels. As she expands her limited horizons, Valancy undergoes a transformation, discovering a new world of love and happiness. One of Lucy Maud Montgomery's only novels intended for an adult audience, The Blue Castle is filled with humour and romance.

What a gem!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A great commentary on the bitterness that comes with never standing up for yourself and living your life in fear of displeasing everyone. Not that any of this novel wasn't predictable,  but the story and it's lessons are worth thinking about.  The humor is solid, making me laugh out loud on more than one occasion.  I want to reread the book to fully appreciate the craziness that is Valancy's colorful family. And frankly just to appreciate Montgomery's wit.

Highly recommend.