Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries)
Leonard Goldberg
Progress: 55 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Murder Past Due

Murder Past Due - Miranda James

Couldn't use the computers for hours at work this morning. Waiting for the situation to resolve itself I had to kill time ... and used it to finish off this cozy mystery.

Not bad. A bit slow moving. The MC is male, a librarian named Charlie.  Unusual and refreshing. He owns a Maine Coon cat which is basically a HUGE cat according to the author. They mention the cat's size over and over again in case you missed the cat's name which is Diesel.  Though that got annoying, it did make me want to see one IRL.

The mystery in which a celebrity from Charlie's town is killed, wasn't terribly hard to figure out. But being that everyone hated him - and I mean EVERYONE - there were plenty of red herrings to keep you guessing.

I wasn't thrilled by this book but I do want to read the next one. The series has a lot of potential and a depth to its characters that I enjoyed. If Ms. James continues to flesh out her characters, this series could be a keeper for me.