Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

October Wrap Up!

Death in Dark Blue - Julia Buckley The Quiche and the Dead (A Pie Town Mystery) - Kirsten Weiss The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People And The 8th Habit - Stephen R. Covey And Then There Were Nuns: League of Literary Ladies - Kylie Logan A Hope Divided (The Loyal League) - Alyssa Cole A Sticky Inheritance (Maple Syrup Mysteries) (Volume 1) - Emily James The English Wife - Lauren Willig Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3 to 1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life - Barbara L. Fredrickson
— feeling amazing

Time for a monthly wrap up!

So for the month of October, I read eight books. About average for me.

The stars of the month were the non-fiction self-help books -  one a re-read, one a new find:

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and Positivity.  Both I highly recommend.

I read a few cozy mysteries and a historical romance/mystery.  They served their purpose as I had just moved and was adjusting to a new schedule. Their lightness offered some much-needed escapism.

That being said, I did dive into a Netgalley read of historical fiction called The English Wife. I will post the review in December closer to publication date but it was only so-so for me.

Honorable mention has to go to The Sunne in the Splendour which is outstanding. I should finish it in November as I have now read 80% of it. November should prove to be interesting. I have goals of reading some science fiction and more historical fiction.

Happy reading!