Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Friday Reads 11.17.2017

Artemis: A Novel - Andy Weir Cheddar Off Dead (An Undercover Dish Mystery) - Julia Buckley Mustard Seed - Laila Ibrahim Updraft - Fran Wilde Yellow Crocus - Laila Ibrahim Cloudbound (Bone Universe) - Fran Wilde

Happy Friday!

So here are the books I am reading this weekend into next week.

I am about 40% done with Artemis and I must say I am enjoying it. At first, I felt the "voice" of his MC was too similar to his other character in The Martian.  I still feel this waybut I've gotten over it and am along for the ride.

Cheddar off Dead is a cozy mystery that is enjoyable - I really like Julia Buckley. It's the second in the series.

Mustard Seed is the sequel to Yellow Crocus. If you are a historical fiction fan, Yellow Crocus is a well-reviewed excellent book in that genre. I read it a couple of years ago on a whim and the plot still stands out in my memory. I gave it five stars.

Updraft is a re-read and I will follow it up with the other two in the trilogy. I loved Updraft and gave it 5 stars when I first read it. A beginning that strong must be followed up on.  Now that the final book is out, I look forward to finishing the story.

I started Birdcage Walk and couldn't get through it. Still love the cover though.

Not too many other plans this weekend. Getting together with some friends, chillin, reading.

Happy Reading!