Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

My Five Favorite Books From 2017

The Sunne in Splendour - Sharon Kay Penman The Blue Castle - L.M. Montgomery Evergreen - Belva Plain My Dead Parents: A Memoir - Anya Yurchyshyn How the Light Gets In - Louise Penny

It's that time of year again!!

In looking at the books I read this year, I realized I had a lot of ho-hum reads. Which means I will be examining my reading choices in 2018 more closely.  It was a busy year- planning a wedding, getting married, moving my grandmother into my parent's house and becoming a caretaker for her ... That all may have something to do with it. BUT I did read some winners and here are my favorites.

#5 How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny

Just a great addition to the series and tied up the overall arc nicely. I was on the edge of my seat at the end of this book. If you haven't read this series, please do.

#4 The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery

A pleasant surprise.  I had never heard of this book and a good friend of mine did a buddy read with me. This book is witty and entertaining. I will definitely be doing a re-read.

#3 Evergreen by Belva Plain

Epic, sweeping historical fiction following one woman's life through all its ups and downs and a few wars. When I was reading it, I couldn't stop talking about it. I could not wait to pick this book up. Loved it.

#2 My Dead Parents by Anya Yurchyshy.

This memoir was riveting. I was impressed with how she expressed herself and how she shared her life with the reader.  Her journey was universal, trying to understand your parents as well as yourself. Though I will be reviewing it next year when it comes out, I read it this year and had to include it on this list.

#1 The Sunne In Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman

This isn't a real surprise. I LOVED this book. It's one of the best books I have ever read. Historical fiction doesn't get better than this. I will definitely be reading more of her in 2018.

Those are my five faves!

Looking forward to hearing your favorite books of 2017.

Happy Reading!