Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Where Serpents Sleep aka the Book Where Everything Picks Up

Where Serpents Sleep - C.S. Harris

Author: C.S. Harris

Series: Sebastian St. Cyr #4

Rating: 4 stars

I only mildly enjoyed the first few books in this series.  When I expressed this, fans of the series told me that Hero's character- who plays a prominent role in this installment -  is a great addition to the cast and turned it around for them.  Considering this, though I had said I would read the series no further, I decided to give this one a shot.

They were right.

In this installment, Sebastian comes to the aid of Hero, his enemy's daughter,  who is investigating the death of prostitutes killed under suspicious circumstances. The subsequent mystery is very much tied up in history- Harris takes a historical event and has spun her own story as to the motivations behind it. It is well done.

The characters were rich with depth. Harris' descriptions make them come alive as you're reading.  Sebastian still isn't my favorite character, but my least favorite has taken a huge leap back from the forefront and that improves things considerably. I'd elaborate more but #spoilers.

I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to continuing on with this series.