Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Behold the Dreamers
Imbolo Mbue
Progress: 12 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

How to Break Up With Your Phone

How to Break Up with Your Phone: The 30-Day Plan to Take Back Your Life - Catherine Price

How to Break Up With Your Phone

Author: Catherine Price

Rating: 4 stars

As someone who is always on their phone, I really enjoyed this book. My husband and I watched that segment on 60 Minutes about “Brain Hacking”. We were blown away by the tactics used by companies to keep you picking up your smartphone to check it and by how our attachment to our smartphones at times mirrors addictive behavior.

When this book appeared on Netgalley, I couldn’t request it fast enough as I wanted to learn more about this. I was pleasantly surprised to find this book cites that very 60 Minutes segment and expands on it. It was eye-opening to see what the studies gathered here had to say about how our smartphones affect our happiness and peace of mind.  While yes, it contains practical suggestions as to how to regain control of your life and stop being slaves to our phones, the strength of the book lies in the studies.

I also liked that this book did not tell you to break out your flip phones or to live like a monk. It just had a 30-day practical guide to reduce the time we spend on our phones and live in the moment. My husband and I decided to give it a go.

Overall I recommend.

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.