Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Wolf Hollow

— feeling amazing
Wolf Hollow - Lauren Wolk

Author: Lauren Wolk

Rating: 5 stars

Newberry Honor Book 2017

"But the wind always swept my words away like cloud shadows, as if it mattered more that I said them, than who heard them." - Wolf Hollow

This book deserves the honor and praise it has been given. It came highly recommended by a friend of mine who said it was up there with To Kill a Mockingbird.  Intrigued by her strong statement, I had to read it.

I was about a chapter into it and that feeling came over me. The one where you realize you are reading something that is bound to be a classic. This is literary, it's beautifully written. Yet it is still at its heart a middle-grade novel with wonderful lessons about bullying and standing up for others who are different, not unlike To Kill a Mockingbird.

I can't recommend it enough.

Here is the Book Blurb to give you a brief synopsis of what it is about:

"Growing up in the shadows cast by two world wars, Annabelle has lived a mostly quiet, steady life in her small Pennsylvania town. Until the day new student Betty Glengarry walks into her class. Betty quickly reveals herself to be cruel and manipulative, and while her bullying seems isolated at first, things quickly escalate, and reclusive World War I veteran Toby becomes a target of her attacks. While others have always seen Toby’s strangeness, Annabelle knows only kindness. She will soon need to find the courage to stand as a lone voice of justice as tensions mount."