Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Behold the Dreamers
Imbolo Mbue
Progress: 12 %
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Friday Reads 2.23.2018

Legacy of Silence - Belva Plain A Passion for Books: A Book Lover's Treasury of Stories, Essays, Humor, Love and Lists on Collecting, Reading, Borrowing, Lending, Caring for, and Appreciating Books - Rob Kaplan, Harold Rabinowitz The Shell Seekers - Rosamunde Pilcher

I'm so happy it's Friday.

These are the books I am working on this weekend.

Legacy of Silence- I did not want to read this book right now. I picked it up cuz I was stuck in line, only had my phone and randomly pulled it up on the Kindle app to kill a few minutes. I meant to put it down to read something else. But I can't. stop. reading. it. The MC actually annoys the living daylights out of me, but there is such a pull to Belva Plain's narratives that I find myself going back to it again and again. I'm almost halfway through so I'm just gonna commit and finish it.

The Shell Seekers - I am loving this book. I am at work and realize I left this book on my nightstand and want to kick myself. Argh! #bookproblems

A Passion for Books- Great short stories about reading and all things book related. It's a bibliophile's dream compilation.

Next week I want to get back to my Newberry Medal Project. I have really enjoyed reading some of the winners and the Honor books this past month. There are some real gems. I feel bad I had neglected the genre thinking I would not be able to relate. What started me down this path is a friend of mine I do buddy reads with is on medications for a chronic illness. She loves to read but finds sometimes she needs books that aren't too taxing. She says middle grade fits the bill. Her recommendations have opened my eyes.

Well, enjoy your weekend and Happy Reading!