Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

I Know How You Feel

I Know How You Feel - F Diane Barth

Author: F. Diane Barth

Rating: 4 stars

I enjoyed this book. It's worth a read.

This book is written by a psychotherapist who specializes in women's relationships.  It delves into all the nuances of female relationships. I liked how it brought out that some women feel if they don't have that close we -share -everything-and-talk-everyday kind of relationship, one that is often idealized in movies and TV, there is something wrong or they did something wrong and they don't have real friendships. I've felt that way at times.

What I really enjoyed was the format. Ms. Barth gets in there at the beginning of the chapter and raises a premise. She states studies in succinct fashion and then exits the book for a bit and allows women to speak. The chapters are filled with women's life experiences and stories in their own words. I really enjoyed the parts about how women handle competition in life - over men, in the workplace, in social circles. And again the one on how relationships change as you age or make transitions in life. Each section has a what you can do section designed to help you better support and overcome obstacles in your friendships - or know when to let go while still learning from the experience.

I would love to see this book done in a book club.  The premises, observations and life experiences make for great conversation.