Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Wow...

Buffalo West Wing - Julie Hyzy

With a new First Family, White House executive chef Olivia Paras can't afford to make any mistakes. But when a box of take-out chicken mysteriously shows up for the First Kids, she soon finds herself in a "no-wing" situation. After Olivia refuses to serve the chicken, the First Lady gives her the cold shoulder. But when it turns out to be poisoned poultry, Olivia realizes the kids are true targets.

Now this is how you do it!

The level of suspense in this book was off the hook! I had no idea who was the culprit behind the poisonings.  I kept drawing wrong conclusions and scratching my head, trying to make all the pieces fit. This book kept me engaged until the very last page.

The character development was soooo well done. I liked Ollie's internal dialogue in this book moreso than the last one. Loved Gav, the Secret Service Agent making an appearance from previous books. He is called into investigate.  And Virgil became the character I loved to hate within just a few pages.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I requested the next one from the library.

Highly recommend!