Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

Progress: 57/405 pages
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

Great book!

Brilliance - Marcus Sakey

In Wyoming, a little girl reads people’s darkest secrets by the way they fold their arms. In New York, a man sensing patterns in the stock market racks up $300 billion. In Chicago, a woman can go invisible by being where no one is looking. They’re called “brilliants,” and since 1980, one percent of people have been born this way. Nick Cooper is among them; a federal agent, Cooper has gifts rendering him exceptional at hunting terrorists. His latest target may be the most dangerous man alive, a brilliant drenched in blood and intent on provoking civil war. But to catch him, Cooper will have to violate everything he believes in—and betray his own kind. From Marcus Sakey, “a modern master of suspense” (Chicago Sun-Times) and “one of our best storytellers” (Michael Connelly), comes an adventure that’s at once breakneck thriller and shrewd social commentary; a gripping tale of a world fundamentally different and yet horrifyingly similar to our own, where being born gifted can be a terrible curse.

I have been distracted by life as of late. But when I got a spare moment, I lost myself in this great book.

It's as good as any thriller series out there. The action, the twists, the conspiracies... all top notch.  To throw the sci-fi twist in there and have the story work as well as it did...*slow clap*

The dialogue was great, you could hear it - it didn't sound like something that would work only in a book and sound stilted in real life.. It's one of those books you read and think that it will more than likely be made into a movie. At which point I will undoubtedly say, "The book was better."