Crystena77

Nothing better than a good book...

If it's good, I'll read it! Instagram:  @crystenasbooks

The Big Chili
Julia Buckley
Progress: 34 %
Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Last Jedi)
Claudia Gray
Challenge Participant Professional Reader 80%

My favorite mystery series...

The Brutal Telling - Louise Penny

Once again, Chief Inspector Gamache and his team are called in to strip back layers of lies, exposing both treasures and rancid secrets buried in the wilderness.  No one admits to knowing the murdered man, but as secrets are revealed, chaos begins to close in on the beloved bistro owner, Olivier. How did he make such a spectacular success of his business? What past did he leave behind and why has he buried himself in this tiny village? And why does every lead in the investigation find its way back to him? As Olivier grows more frantic, a trail of clues and treasures— from first editions of Charlotte’s Web and Jane Eyre to a spider web with the word “WOE” woven in it—lead the Chief Inspector deep into the woods and across the continent in search of the truth, and finally back to Three Pines as the little village braces for the truth and the final, brutal telling.

The story was haunting and beautiful.

It was also a bit of a cliff hanger,  unfinished,  the resolution unsatisfying.  Intentionally so. Seeds have been planted that are heartbreaking.  People you have grown attached to,  for better or for worse, are going down a road that can't possibly lead to anything but heartbreak.  I'm talking about even beyond what's happening with Oliver.  I'm half scared to continue the series.

The fable concerning Chaos and the Mountain - amazing.  The symbolism was just... Wow.

I'm going to take a break,  then dive in to the next to find out what happens.

The mystery,  the characters - second to none.